QGF216 – 20 mm In-Line Flow Cells
The QGF216 In-Line Flow Cells are designed to deliver accurate and precise flow-through measurements in various spectroscopic applications. With a robust construction and exceptional performance, these flow cells provide reliable results and are built to withstand challenging environments. Let’s explore the features and specifications of the QGF216 flow cells:
- Title: QGF216 – 20 mm In-Line Flow Cells
- QGF216-01: 20mm-Flow-Cell
- Pathlength: 20 mm
- Windows: 2 Windows
- Chamber Volume: 10 mL
- Construction: Molded, High Quality
- Chemical Resistance: Resistant to Organic and Corrosive Chemicals
- External Dimensions: H x W x D – 86 x 12 x 22 mm
- Internal Dimensions: H x W x D – 50 x 20 x 10 mm
- Tubulation Length: 12 mm
- Tubulation Diameter: Outer Diameter (OD) – 4 mm, Inner Diameter (ID) – 2 mm
- Material: Quartz
- Spectral Range: 200 – 2,500 nm
- QGF216-01: 20mm-Flow-Cell
- Accurate Pathlength: The QGF216 flow cells feature a path length of 20 mm, enabling precise measurement of light absorption or transmission through the sample.
- Dual Windows: With 2 windows, these flow cells allow for the analysis of the sample from multiple angles, ensuring comprehensive and accurate results.
- Generous Chamber Volume: The chamber volume of 10 mL accommodates an ample amount of the sample, allowing for thorough analysis without the need for frequent sample replenishment.
- Robust Construction: The flow cells are meticulously molded using high-quality materials, ensuring durability and long-term performance even in demanding laboratory conditions.
- Chemical Resistance: The QGF216 flow cells are designed to withstand exposure to organic solvents and corrosive chemicals, providing reliable and consistent results in a variety of sample environments.
- Optimized Dimensions: The external dimensions of the flow cells are 86 x 12 x 22 mm, while the internal dimensions are 50 x 20 x 10 mm, providing an ideal balance of size and functionality for seamless integration into your experimental setup.
- Secure Tubulation: The flow cells are equipped with tubulation, featuring an outer diameter (OD) of 4 mm and an inner diameter (ID) of 2 mm, ensuring a secure and leak-free connection in your flow system.
- Wide Spectral Range: With a spectral range of 200 – 2,500 nm, these flow cells offer compatibility with a broad range of spectroscopic measurements, allowing for versatile applications.
Invest in the QGF216 20 mm In-Line Flow Cells to achieve accurate and reliable flow-through measurements in your spectroscopic experiments. With their durable construction, generous chamber volume, and optimized dimensions, these flow cells provide exceptional performance and versatility. Trust Aireka Scientific’s cuvettes to deliver superior quality and enable successful scientific research.
What’s the use of flow cells?
Flow cells have a wide range of applications in scientific and laboratory settings due to their unique design and functionality. Here are some key uses of flow cells:
- Spectrophotometry: Flow cells are commonly employed in spectrophotometry, where they enable the measurement of absorbance or transmittance of light through a sample. By passing the sample through the flow cell, researchers can obtain valuable information about the composition, concentration, and properties of the sample.
- Chemical Analysis: Flow cells are instrumental in various chemical analysis techniques, such as liquid chromatography and flow injection analysis. These techniques involve the continuous flow of a sample through the flow cell, allowing for real-time monitoring and detection of analytes.
- Biological Research: Flow cells find extensive use in biological research, particularly in applications such as cell counting, cell culture monitoring, and enzyme kinetics. The controlled flow of biological samples through the flow cell enables researchers to study cellular processes, perform viability assessments, and analyze enzymatic reactions.
- Flow Cytometry: Flow cells are integral components of flow cytometers, powerful instruments used for cell analysis and sorting. In flow cytometry, cells suspended in a fluid are passed through the flow cell one at a time, allowing for the characterization and sorting of cells based on their physical and biochemical properties.
- Microfluidics: Flow cells play a crucial role in microfluidic systems, which manipulate small volumes of fluids for various applications. Microfluidic flow cells enable precise control of fluid flow, mixing, and reactions, making them valuable tools in fields such as drug discovery, genomics, and diagnostics.
- Environmental Monitoring: Flow cells are utilized in environmental monitoring systems to analyze water quality, detect pollutants, and assess the health of ecosystems. By continuously flowing water samples through flow cells, researchers can monitor parameters such as dissolved oxygen, nutrient levels, and pollutant concentrations.
The use of flow cells offers several advantages, including:
- Real-time Monitoring: Flow cells facilitate continuous and real-time monitoring of samples, enabling researchers to capture dynamic changes and obtain immediate results.
- Sample Conservation: Flow cells require only small sample volumes, making them suitable for applications where sample conservation is crucial, such as precious or limited sample scenarios.
- Repeatability and Precision: Flow cells provide consistent and repeatable measurements, ensuring reliable and accurate data acquisition.
- Flexibility and Customization: Flow cells come in various sizes, pathlengths, and designs, allowing for customization to suit specific experimental requirements.
In summary, flow cells are versatile tools that enable the controlled flow of samples, facilitating a wide range of scientific analyses, measurements, and experiments. Their applications span across disciplines such as chemistry, biology, biotechnology, environmental science, and more, making them indispensable in research and laboratory settings.
Our Fabrication Types
Most types of Aireka Scientific quartz cuvettes including customized cells are available with the following 3 types of fabrication standards:
|*Molded||*Fused||*Bonded / Glued|
|UV vis ( 190- 2500 nm)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Transmission > 80%||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Resistant to Acids and Bases (except hydrofluoric acid)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Resistant to Organic Solvents||Yes||Yes||No|
|Usable upto 600°C (1112°F)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Usable upto 1200°C (2192°F)||Yes||No||No|
|0 Variations Reading||On Request||No||No|
|Fabrication||Molded||Assembled with Quartz Powder||Assembled with Glue|
|Storage||Short Term Storage||Clean After Use||Clean After Use|
|Available Material||ES Quartz Material|
|Note||Molded and fused cuvettes and cells are assembled by direct fusion without the use of adhesives throughout the production process. This guarantees resistance against corrosive chemicals and high temperature. Each quartz cuvette and cell has excellent transmission from 190nm to 2500nm.|
UV Quartz Glass Cuvettes
Most of our quartz cuvettes are made from ES quartz material, absorption onset occurs below 190 nm and there are no absorption bands situated between 190 nm and 250 nm. Exceptionally high transmittance across the UVB, UVA, visible spectrum, and near IR. The transmission spectra for our UV quartz cells can be seen below. When working in the IR spectra, especially for wavelengths greater than 2000 nm, we recommend IR Quartz Glass Cuvettes instead, as they offer high transmission for these wavelengths.
IR Quartz Glass Cuvettes
Made from IR quartz material, absorption onset occurs below 260 nm with exceptionally high transmission across UVB, UVA, visible, near IR, and notably short IR. Transmission drops significantly in the mid-IR, and at 4200 nm there is complete absorption.
Why Aireka Scientific Cuvettes and Cells?
Aireka Scientific Co Limited is world-renowned as the producer of premium quartz cuvettes. Over twenty years of experience manufacturing quartz cuvettes ensures that every cuvette is manufactured to the most exacting standards for reproducible results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you ship to my country?
We ship our products worldwide. We ship orders using a tracked courier service as standard (usually FedEx, sometimes DHL) although we are also happy to be flexible if your University or Institution has specific requirements. Other methods are available for a wide variety of countries.
Please note that customs restrictions can vary between countries. If you are uncertain about shipment to your country, please contact us for advice.
What if I want to return or cancel my order?
We hope you love your order, but if you wish to return any items ordered, please notify us within 21 days of receiving the goods. Please ensure that they are returned as new, undamaged, free of contamination and in the original packaging.
Please inspect all orders on arrival to ensure your products are in good condition.
What happens if the item is broken?
If an item breaks due to the manufacturer's error then we will replace the cuvette free of charge, with no costs passed on to our customers.
Any damage to an item that is not caused by a manufacturer's error is not eligible for a free replacement. This would include items that are mishandled, dropped, scratched, etc.
How do I place an Order?
For your convenience, we offer a number of ways of placing an order.
To the best of our knowledge, the information provided here is accurate. However, Aireka Scientific assumes no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, or commercial applications.