1.4 mL Two Ends Open Flow Cells, QGF14
The QGF14 Two Ends Open Flow Cell offers a versatile solution for optical measurements in various laboratory and research applications. With its unique design and customizable options, it provides precise and reliable results for aqueous sample analysis. Let’s explore its key features and specifications:
- Two Ends Open Design: The flow cell features a two ends open design, allowing easy sample loading and handling. It provides convenience and flexibility in sample preparation and analysis.
- Pathlength Options: The QGF14 Flow Cell offers two pathlength options, 1 mm and 25 mm, to suit different experimental requirements. This flexibility allows for a wide range of measurements, from highly sensitive analyses to more diluted sample measurements.
- Bonded Construction: The flow cell is expertly bonded or glued to ensure leak-free operation and long-lasting performance. The bonded construction enhances the durability and reliability of the flow cell, making it suitable for rigorous laboratory use.
- Aqueous Samples Only: The QGF14 Flow Cell is specifically designed for aqueous samples. It is optimized to deliver accurate and consistent results for a wide range of aqueous sample analyses, including absorbance and fluorescence measurements.
- Dimensions: The flow cell has a compact size, with external dimensions of 55 x 31 x 11 mm (H x W x D). This compact design allows for easy integration into existing experimental setups.
- Pathlength: The QGF14 Flow Cell offers two pathlength options, 1 mm and 25 mm, providing flexibility in experimental design and sensitivity requirements.
- Windows: It features four polished windows, ensuring optimal optical transmission and minimizing signal loss during measurements.
- Material: The flow cell is constructed from high-quality glass material, offering excellent optical properties and compatibility with a wide range of analytical techniques.
- Spectral Range: The QGF14 Flow Cell covers a spectral range of 350 – 2,000 nm, enabling measurements across a broad range of wavelengths.
At Aireka Scientific, we understand that each customer may have unique specifications and experimental requirements. We offer further customization options to tailor the QGF14 Flow Cell to your specific needs. Our expert team can assist you in customizing parameters such as chamber volume, window material, path length, and other specifications, ensuring the flow cell perfectly matches your application.
In summary, the QGF14 Two Ends Open Flow Cell provides a versatile and customizable solution for aqueous sample analysis. With its two ends open design, pathlength options, and bonded construction, it offers convenience, flexibility, and reliable performance. Whether you require precise measurements in absorbance or fluorescence applications, the QGF14 Flow Cell is an essential tool for achieving accurate and consistent results in your laboratory experiments.
What’s the use of flow cells?
Flow cells have a wide range of applications in scientific and laboratory settings due to their unique design and functionality. Here are some key uses of flow cells:
- Spectrophotometry: Flow cells are commonly employed in spectrophotometry, where they enable the measurement of absorbance or transmittance of light through a sample. By passing the sample through the flow cell, researchers can obtain valuable information about the composition, concentration, and properties of the sample.
- Chemical Analysis: Flow cells are instrumental in various chemical analysis techniques, such as liquid chromatography and flow injection analysis. These techniques involve the continuous flow of a sample through the flow cell, allowing for real-time monitoring and detection of analytes.
- Biological Research: Flow cells find extensive use in biological research, particularly in applications such as cell counting, cell culture monitoring, and enzyme kinetics. The controlled flow of biological samples through the flow cell enables researchers to study cellular processes, perform viability assessments, and analyze enzymatic reactions.
- Flow Cytometry: Flow cells are integral components of flow cytometers, powerful instruments used for cell analysis and sorting. In flow cytometry, cells suspended in a fluid are passed through the flow cell one at a time, allowing for the characterization and sorting of cells based on their physical and biochemical properties.
- Microfluidics: Flow cells play a crucial role in microfluidic systems, which manipulate small volumes of fluids for various applications. Microfluidic flow cells enable precise control of fluid flow, mixing, and reactions, making them valuable tools in fields such as drug discovery, genomics, and diagnostics.
- Environmental Monitoring: Flow cells are utilized in environmental monitoring systems to analyze water quality, detect pollutants, and assess the health of ecosystems. By continuously flowing water samples through flow cells, researchers can monitor parameters such as dissolved oxygen, nutrient levels, and pollutant concentrations.
The use of flow cells offers several advantages, including:
- Real-time Monitoring: Flow cells facilitate continuous and real-time monitoring of samples, enabling researchers to capture dynamic changes and obtain immediate results.
- Sample Conservation: Flow cells require only small sample volumes, making them suitable for applications where sample conservation is crucial, such as precious or limited sample scenarios.
- Repeatability and Precision: Flow cells provide consistent and repeatable measurements, ensuring reliable and accurate data acquisition.
- Flexibility and Customization: Flow cells come in various sizes, pathlengths, and designs, allowing for customization to suit specific experimental requirements.
In summary, flow cells are versatile tools that enable the controlled flow of samples, facilitating a wide range of scientific analyses, measurements, and experiments. Their applications span across disciplines such as chemistry, biology, biotechnology, environmental science, and more, making them indispensable in research and laboratory settings.
Our Fabrication Types
Most types of Aireka Scientific quartz cuvettes including customized cells are available with the following 3 types of fabrication standards:
|*Molded||*Fused||*Bonded / Glued|
|UV vis ( 190- 2500 nm)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Transmission > 80%||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Resistant to Acids and Bases (except hydrofluoric acid)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Resistant to Organic Solvents||Yes||Yes||No|
|Usable upto 600°C (1112°F)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Usable upto 1200°C (2192°F)||Yes||No||No|
|0 Variations Reading||On Request||No||No|
|Fabrication||Molded||Assembled with Quartz Powder||Assembled with Glue|
|Storage||Short Term Storage||Clean After Use||Clean After Use|
|Available Material||ES Quartz Material|
|Note||Molded and fused cuvettes and cells are assembled by direct fusion without the use of adhesives throughout the production process. This guarantees resistance against corrosive chemicals and high temperature. Each quartz cuvette and cell has excellent transmission from 190nm to 2500nm.|
UV Quartz Glass Cuvettes
Most of our quartz cuvettes are made from ES quartz material, absorption onset occurs below 190 nm and there are no absorption bands situated between 190 nm and 250 nm. Exceptionally high transmittance across the UVB, UVA, visible spectrum, and near IR. The transmission spectra for our UV quartz cells can be seen below. When working in the IR spectra, especially for wavelengths greater than 2000 nm, we recommend IR Quartz Glass Cuvettes instead, as they offer high transmission for these wavelengths.
IR Quartz Glass Cuvettes
Made from IR quartz material, absorption onset occurs below 260 nm with exceptionally high transmission across UVB, UVA, visible, near IR, and notably short IR. Transmission drops significantly in the mid-IR, and at 4200 nm there is complete absorption.
Why Aireka Scientific Cuvettes and Cells?
Aireka Scientific Co Limited is world-renowned as the producer of premium quartz cuvettes. Over twenty years of experience manufacturing quartz cuvettes ensures that every cuvette is manufactured to the most exacting standards for reproducible results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you ship to my country?
We ship our products worldwide. We ship orders using a tracked courier service as standard (usually FedEx, sometimes DHL) although we are also happy to be flexible if your University or Institution has specific requirements. Other methods are available for a wide variety of countries.
Please note that customs restrictions can vary between countries. If you are uncertain about shipment to your country, please contact us for advice.
What if I want to return or cancel my order?
We hope you love your order, but if you wish to return any items ordered, please notify us within 21 days of receiving the goods. Please ensure that they are returned as new, undamaged, free of contamination and in the original packaging.
Please inspect all orders on arrival to ensure your products are in good condition.
What happens if the item is broken?
If an item breaks due to the manufacturer's error then we will replace the cuvette free of charge, with no costs passed on to our customers.
Any damage to an item that is not caused by a manufacturer's error is not eligible for a free replacement. This would include items that are mishandled, dropped, scratched, etc.
How do I place an Order?
For your convenience, we offer a number of ways of placing an order.
To the best of our knowledge, the information provided here is accurate. However, Aireka Scientific assumes no liability for the accuracy of this page. The values provided are typical at the time of manufacture and may vary over time and from batch to batch. All products are for laboratory and research and development use only, and may not be used for any other purpose including health care, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, or commercial applications.